Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the tournament entry fee?
- Your entry includes a practice round (Pic-Am or scheduled separately), three tournament rounds, and all meals during play.
- A tournament dinner following completion of round two play, attendance is strongly encouraged.
- The Pic-Am dinner is also open to all Picard Cup Participants.
- Additional $50.00 credit towards food & beverage.
Are caddies mandatory?
- Yes, each team will be assigned a caddie for the entire event. Caddie fees are $100.00 per bag and suggested to be paid in cash.
Is Walking mandatory?
- For mid-am participants, walking is mandatory during the better ball rounds, carts will be available on a limited basis for mid-am teams during the afternoon alternate shot round.
- Senior-am participants are encouraged to walk, especially for better ball rounds, however teams will be permitted to take a cart for each round, subject to availability.
- Caddies will still be required with carts.
- If you have special condition requiring a cart, please contact our committee prior to the event.
What is the dress code at Canterbury Golf Club?
- Canterbury does not allow blue jeans, collarless shirts, hats on backward, or hats indoors.
- Our event is designed to be relaxed, including the meals. Weather permitting, our meals are served outdoors at the completion of play. Participants are free to wear golf attire for meals.
- We do not have a required jacket policy for this event.
What is the Pic-Am?
- The Pic-Am was created in 2020 to engage our members with our event and provide an opportunity for participants to socialize with members while enjoying our course and culture.
- Each Pic-Am team will consist of two Canterbury members, paired with a Picard Cup participant team.
- Each group of four will post two better balls for each hole, one from the Canterbury Member-Member team, one from the Picard Cup participant team, for a two ball total.
How can our team participate in the Pic-Am?
- We anticipate all participants desire playing in the Pic-Am, however we are limited to half of the field.
- Please be sure to indicate your desire on your application for our committee’s review.
- Teams not selected for the Pic-Am may play a practice round between 7:30-9:30am, based on availability.
- Alternate practice round times may be requested by contacting our pro shop.
If we are not playing in the Pic-Am can we still attend the BBQ?
- Yes! We encourage all participants to attend this event. We have wonderful member representation and enjoy kicking our event off with the evening activities.
Can you clarify the playing format?
- We have three tournament rounds, each is played as a shotgun start.
- First round is a better ball format, scheduled as an 8:30am shotgun start.
- The Second round is a true alternate shot format, teams will select even or odd holes for teeing, scheduled as a 2:00pm shotgun start.
- The final round is a better ball format, schedule as an 8:30am shotgun start.
What time should I book travel home on Friday?
- We recommend booking air travel no earlier than 4:00pm from Cleveland airport.
- Canterbury Golf Club is roughly 30 minutes to Cleveland airport.